Friday, August 21, 2015

When the Deal Goes Down

Life is short, death long.
He'll be with you when you go
Because he loves you.

"When the Deal Goes Down" means "when you die." It's a compassionate, quite touching song from the 2006 album "Modern Times," a promise to be with someone when they die.

1. Life is mysterious, gaining wisdom is hard. You see glimpses and then you don't, "In the still of the night, in the world's ancient light."
2. Prayers = just clouds in the air. "We live and we die, we know not why, but I'll be with you when the deal goes down."
3. Eat, drink, feel, think, stray, laugh, cry, and "I'm haunted by things I never meant nor wished to say." Everybody has trouble. "Soul to soul, our shadows roll, and I'll be with you when the deal goes down."
4. "We learn to live and then we forgive, o'er the road we're bound to go. More frailer than the flowers, these precious hours, that keep us so tightly bound." "You come to my eyes like a vision from the skies, and I'll be with you when the deal goes down."
5. Rose/briar - the rose pokes through his clothes. "I felt transient joys, I know they're not what they seem. In this earthly domain, full of disappointment and pain, you'll never see me frown. I owe my heart to you, and that's sayin' it true. And I'll be with you when the deal goes down."



No comments:

Post a Comment